Pallet Packaging Advice
Getting the packaging right on your pallet is vital to its safe delivery. During its journey, it may be exposed to adverse weather conditions and transport vibration, both of which can be combatted with the correct packaging.
- Always use pallets that are in good condition and strong enough to support and secure your products.
- Do not overload a pallet with weight, height or volume as this can lead to the pallet collapsing and / or your load moving.
- Using masonite sheets or similar on the top of your pallet will give it extra protection from other freight that might be loaded on top of it.
- When stacking cartons onto pallets, make sure they are packed tightly and tie stacked from layer to layer. Avoid overhangs as these put your freight at risk of being damaged when other pallets are loaded alongside it.
- Where possible protect your products with some outer packaging (e.g. cardboard, bubble wrap or plastic wrap) as this will prevent rubbing, scratching or marking of your product.
- It's best to band or strap heavy items down to secure them to the pallet.
- Individual cartons should include the origin and destination address whenever possible. Remove or mark through all old labels.
Where practical, use "Fragile" or "Top-Load Only" stickers to identify and determine the best means of safely transporting your freight.
- Items that cannot be lifted by a forklift should be clearly noted at the time of booking. The freight should be marked in bold writing with correct lifting instructions.
- If specialized lifting equipment is required, please give advance notice to allow us to make the correct arrangements. Please note that such provisions may incur additional charges.
Please note that Same Day Dispatch Services will accept no liability for the packaging advice that it provides. In accordance with the Same Day Dispatch Services standard terms & conditions the customer remains responsible for ensuring packaging and labelling is adequate for transportation.
Critical acclaim for critical services
Don't just take our word for it. See what others have said about us.Testimonials >
Open a Trading Account
No set-up costs & no minimum order required.Apply now >
Need a Quote?
Fill out our online form and we'll email you a written quote.Get a written quote >